Don’t have a CLAMS card?
Click here to get an e-card, with full access to e-books.
Note: e-cards do not provide access to library-specific streaming services like Hoopla, Kanopy, or Mango. Please call or email the library to get an Oak Bluffs card number for these services.
New collection of audiobooks on Overdrive: always available, no waiting!
Does the title you want say place a hold? Please put your name on the hold list! You may get the book very soon if the OB library owns its own copies. This also helps us know what’s popular so we can order more.
How to access E-Books from your computer
If you want to read ebooks or listen to audiobooks on your computer, click this link, which will open in a new tab, or go to https://clamsnet.overdrive.com/ and follow these steps:
- On the upper right-hand side of the page click the button “sign in”
- Select your library from the drop-down “CLAMS Library Patron”
- Enter library card number (no spaces)
- Enter PIN (if you need to reset, please use your online CLAMS account or call the library and leave a message: 508-693-9433)
- Now you can explore the collection and check out items! Click on the image of an item to read a summary. Note: each item will say if it is an audiobook or ebook. It will also note if it is available or if there is a wait.
- To read in your browser you will want to choose that option “read now in browser.” Click on the right of a page to move forward, or left to go backward. Save your place with a bookmark.
- To look at items you have out, or to return an item early, go to “my loans” in the upper right-hand side of your page.
- If you log off of your computer, you can re-enter your account by following the instructions above. Go to “My loans” to continue reading where you left off.
How to download E-Book Apps to your mobile device
If you are experiencing trouble with your App, try the following:
- Ensure Internet connection is strong and files are downloaded to your device.
- You can uninstall the APP from your device. Re-install and login again. This may fix needed updates, or other glitches.
A couple of tips–ALWAYS place a hold on a book you want in our CLAMS system first. We are ordering books based on demand, so you may get it way faster than you think! There is a “quick link” to check out these materials on our homepage.
For more information on how to download ebooks or audiobooks, please contact the library 508-693-9433, or email email@example.com and a staff member will get back to you.