Local “Stay-at-Home Order” in place for five towns on Martha’s Vineyard.
As of Wednesday 3/25/20, island municipalities voted local restrictions more stringent than Governor Baker’s 3/24/20 advisory. **Grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals and gas stations will remain open. **See Vineyard Gazette article : FAQs on what this means for you, updated 3/30/20.
Updated Tuesday 3/31/20, Governor Baker extended the “Stay-at-Home Advisory” for Mass residents and ordered all non-essential businesses to close until May 4th. Click here for NECN article. **Does NOT include grocery stores, pharmacies, hospitals, gas stations and others : see Governor’s complete list here**
As of 3/25/20, Governor Baker extends all school and childcare center closures until May 4th at the earliest. Students and teachers will continue online learning. See news conference here.
For districts and families struggling with access to education, WGBH (PBS channel 2) will be airing educational content between 12 pm-5 pm M-F and will have free resources available on their website at the WGBH Distance Learning Center.
**Federal and State Income tax due dates have been postponed to July 15th.**
Local information sources
Martha’s Vineyard Hospital: Daily Covid-19 testing reports & other FAQs
- Duke’s County Commission web page: Links for local resources such as M.V. Hospital, public schools, food assistance, town pages etc.
- MVTV: Watch local meetings
- M.V. Times: All articles on COVID-19 open to the public (no subscription needed.)
- Vineyard Gazette: All articles on COVID-19 open to public (no subscription needed.)
- WMVY Radio: Martha’s Vineyard’s radio station
Services to the community
- Free weekday food pick-up at schools: information on each school. Note some schools request pre-ordering.
- M.V. Community Services: COVID-19 resources for elderly, families, and those in need of any daily resources.
- If you feel like you need to go to the hospital for any reason, call first. (includes routine care) M.V. Hospital call in line: 508-684-4500 (M-F 8 am-7 pm; a call center will be answering outside of hours.)
- M.V. Community Services Emergency Services (Behavioral and Mental Health Services, 24 hours a day) 508-693-0032