Due to Covid-19, the Oak Bluffs Library will not be accepting any book donations until further notice.
Our annual book sale in July 2020 has been cancelled. Please do not leave any books outside of the library. Thank you for your understanding.
Library Friends of Oak Bluffs Book Donation Guidelines
Our annual book sale, held the third week in July, is our major fundraiser. Books and materials are offered at bargain prices. We rely on donations of books and DVDs in good to excellent condition to stock the sale. To this end, we hold periodic book drives throughout the year.
Donations can be made outside these drives. You can bring donations no larger than 1 shopping bag to the library without notice. Please call the library at (508) 693-9433 before bringing greater amount to arrange for a donation coordinator meet you at the library.
Please do not “donate” books outside the library or in the library’s drop boxes. This is considered dumping.
Your book donations help support the Library Friends, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All book donations are tax deductible (form available on request).
We are interested in many kinds of books, in good condition, including:
- Hardcover and Paperback, Fiction and Nonfiction
- DVDs and Books on CD (must be operable, include original artwork and casing)
- Ex-library Copies (do not remove library treatments)
- Travel Books (published within last 3 years)
- Science and medical books (published within the last 3 years)
The Friends must pay to dispose of books that we cannot offer for sale. This defeats the fund-raising objective of the Book Sale. For this reason . . .
We cannot accept books in the following condition:
- Dirty, torn, moldy, mildewed or warped
- Stained, water damaged or smoke damaged
- Damaged or missing covers, binding or pages
- Obscured text, excessive writing, markings, or highlighting
Sorry, but we cannot accept the following Books and Materials:
- Law books, tax or government documents
- Directories, telephone books, encyclopedia, Bibles
- Open software sets, VHS / VCR videotapes/ audio cassette tapes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books.