Library Friends of Oak Bluffs Book Donation Guidelines
Please call the library at (508) 693-9433 before making a donation larger than 1 shopping bag of books. We will make sure a donation coordinator is at the library to receive your donation.
Please do not “donate” books outside the library or in the library’s drop boxes. This is considered dumping.
Your book donations help support the Library Friends, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All book donations are tax deductible (form available on request). Books and materials donated to the Friends are offered at our summer Annual Book Sale at bargain prices.
We are interested in many kinds of books, in good condition, including:
- Hardcover and Paperback, Fiction and Nonfiction
- DVDs and Books on CD (must be operable, include original artwork and casing)
- Ex-library Copies (do not remove library treatments)
- Textbooks (copyright within last 3 years)
- Trade Paperbacks
- Travel Books (copyright within last 3 years)
The Friends must pay to dispose of books that we cannot offer for sale. This defeats the fund-raising objective of the Book Sale. For this reason . . .
We cannot accept books in the following condition:
- Dirty, Torn, Moldy, Mildewed or Warped
- Stained, Water damaged or Smoke damaged
- Damaged or Missing Covers, Binding or Pages
- Obscured Text, Excessive Writing, Markings, or Highlighting
Sorry, but we cannot accept the following Books and Materials:
- Law Books, Tax or Government Documents
- Directories, Telephone Books, Encyclopedia, Bibles
- Open Software Sets, VHS / VCR Videotapes/ Audio cassette tapes
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books.