LFOB Volunteer Opportunities
Your time, interests and skills help support the Library Friends. The Friends actively seek volunteers to serve on Committees, as Officers and on the Board of Directors. We encourage you to become involved with the Library Friends. To remain a vital force, the Friends always need Volunteers who can share their time, interests and skills. We need help with everything from sorting books to leading the Friends through our next 25 years. Maybe one of these Volunteer Opportunities is just right for you:
If you can share some time, there are lots of ways you can help.
Maybe one of these Volunteer Opportunities is just right for you:
- Serve on a Committee, help lead as an Officer, become a Director on our Board
- Newsletter and Annual Appeal – writing, design and production details
- *Computer and organization skills – maintain records, manage donor communication
- Book Collection Drives and Book Sales – help set up, staff the sales table, transport books, organize books that are donated throughout the year
- Library events and programs – greet participants, assist lecturers, sign up guests in raffles, prepare or donate refreshments
- Contact media to promote Friends events
- “Friends Nook” at the Library – develop and maintain this display and sales space.
- Contribute ideas for events, fundraising and community outreach
- Help host our Holiday Open House, bake a treat, organize a children’s activity.
Please contact us by email, postal mail or phone. The Friends would love to hear from you.
E-mail address: LibraryFriendsOB@gmail.com
Postal Address: PO Box 1421, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557-1421
Telephone: Colleen Morris, (508) 693-3605
Our mission is to promote the Library as an active, dynamic education and information center in the Community and to support and enhance the Library’s programs, services and collections.