Try this new digital service we are offering! Stream or download e-books, audio books, movies, TV shows and music.
It is easy to sign-up using your Oak Bluffs Library card. You just need your library card number and an email! Create a new account with a password and a world of entertainment awaits.
- Download the APP on your device, or go to: https://www.hoopladigital.com/
- Click on get started today button
- Enter your email address and create a password. Click agree.
- Find your library: Oak Bluffs Public Library. Click next.
- Enter all your library card number (all digits on the back of your card, no spaces).
- Click Sign me up!
- Browse by content type (e-books, audio-books, movies, or TV), or use the search bar.
- They offer all these titles with no wait. If you can’t find a title or author you are looking for, please try our other e-resources. On our homepage, try “download ebooks button” for Overdrive, or “Kanopy button” for movies, documentaries and TV.
- If you have questions, or need help, email our Reference Librarian Nina: email@example.com, or call the library at 508-693-9433 and someone will return your call.
Note: As of July 1st, 2020 Hoopla’s new platform will no longer work on older mobile devices or mobile operating systems for streaming video content. You may receive and email about this and it will limit some content. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The following devices and operating systems will be affected:
· 4.17 and prior (released in 2017)
· iOS: 9 and prior (released in 2012) – Apple dropped support for the OS in 2016
· Impacted iPhone devices: iPhone 6S and below
· Impacted iPad Devices: iPad, iPad2, iPad3, iPad mini
· 4.12 and prior (released in 2017)
· Android OS: 4.4 (KitKat) and below (released in 2013)
· Impacted devices: multiple
WWW implications (access from your computer):
Potential Patron Impact:
· These apps would still work, but new video content would not be playable (those encoded after July 1)
· Patrons would be able to borrow movies and TV; however, they would not play (if encoded after July 1).
· Other formats would work fine. (ebooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, music)