In light of developments surrounding COVID-19 pandemic, and for the health and safety of our patrons and staff, the Oak Bluffs Board of Selectmen voted to close the library until April 17, 2020.
Please note the following:
- All events, classes, meetings and talks taking place at the Oak Bluffs Public Library are cancelled or postponed through the end of April, 2020.
- During this time, we are expanding renewals and asking patrons to keep their library materials until we reopen. Nothing will be due until Saturday, April 18, 2020 (even if your account shows an April 16 due date). Our book drops are locked, so please do not try to force them open to return your items. We implore you not to leave materials outside the library or by the book drops.
- Oak Bluffs Public Library has been a fine-free library since January 1, 2020. You will not accrue any fines during this closure, or even when we reopen.
- We have pushed back library card expiration dates – if your card is due for renewal, you will have an additional 60 days to renew it.
- We foresee no interruption in our digital services, which will remain online for cardholders to enjoy remotely. These sites may have higher traffic than usual, so please have patience as these services increase their capacities to keep up with demand.
In the coming days and weeks, we will increase our online services, including ebooks, downloadable movies, audiobooks, and other information resources. If you require assistance to use our digital services, please email our Reference Librarian, Nina Ferry, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These difficult decisions have been made in the best interest of the health, safety, and well-being of our patrons and staff. We will continue to closely monitor the developing Coronavirus situation. Further updates will be announced on our website, on our social media platforms, and through email.
For more information on COVID-19, visit the websites for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or Massachusetts Department of Public Health. If you have any questions or concerns please email Allyson Malik, Library Director, at email@example.com