How to Donate Money, Books and Time
Your financial contributions help support the Library Friends of Oak Bluffs. All donations to the Friends are tax deductible.
One Time Donation
To make a one-time donation, in any amount, use the yellow DONATE button above,or …
Help the Friends all year long by setting up an automatic monthly donation in an amount you can pick, using the yellow SUBSCRIBE button above.
You can donate using a major credit card, direct debit from your checking account, or using a PayPal account if you have one or if you would like to set up a free account. You can cancel future monthly donations at any time. All transactions are secure.
Book Donation Guidelines
Your book donations help support the Library Friends. All book donations are tax deductible (form available on request). Books and materials donated to the Friends are offered at our summer Annual Book Sale at bargain prices.
Yes! We want to include your Books in our sale.
We are interested in many kinds of books, in good condition, including:
- *Hardcover and Paperback, Fiction and Nonfiction
- *DVDs and Books on CD (must be operable, include original artwork and casing)
- *Ex-library Copies (do not remove library treatments)
- *Textbooks (copyright within last 3 years)
- *Trade Paperbacks
- *Travel Books (copyright within last 3 years)
The Friends must pay to dispose of books that we cannot offer for sale. This defeats the fund-raising objective of the Book Sale. For this reason . . .
No! We cannot accept books in the following condition:
- *Dirty, Torn, Moldy, Mildewed or Warped
- *Stained, Water damaged or Smoke damaged
- *Damaged or Missing Covers, Binding or Pages
- *Obscured Text, Excessive Writing, Markings, or Highlighting
Sorry, but we cannot accept the following Books and Materials:
- *Law Books, Tax or Government Documents
- *Directories, Telephone Books, Encyclopedia, Bibles
- *Open Software Sets, VHS / VCR Videotapes/ Audio cassette tapes
- *Reader’s Digest Condensed books.
Your time, interests and skills help support the Library Friends. The Friends actively seek volunteers to serve on Committees, as Officers and on the Board of Directors. We encourage you to become involved with the Library Friends. To remain a vital force, the Friends always need Volunteers who can share their time, interests and skills. We need help with everything from sorting books to leading the Friends through our next 25 years. Maybe one of these Volunteer Opportunities is just right for you:
If you can share some time, there are lots of ways you can help.
Maybe one of these Volunteer Opportunities is just right for you:
- *Serve on a Committee, help lead as an Officer, become a Director on our Board
- *Newsletter and Annual Appeal – writing, design and production details
- *Computer and organization skills – maintain records, manage donor communication
- *Book Collection Drives and Book Sales – help set up, staff the sales table, transport books, organize books that are donated throughout the year
- *Library events and programs – greet participants, assist lecturers, sign up guests in raffles, prepare or donate refreshments
- *Contact media to promote Friends events
- *”Friends Nook” at the Library – develop and maintain this display and sales space.
- *Our cookbook, “Tastes of Cottage City” – purchase a cookbook, place cookbooks for sale with a local merchant, carry the cookbook at your business
- *Contribute ideas for events, fundraising and community outreach
- *Help host our Holiday Open House, bake a treat, organize a children’s activity.
Please contact us by email, postal mail or phone. The Friends would love to hear from you.
E-mail address: LibraryFriendsOB@gmail.com
Postal Address: PO Box 1421, Oak Bluffs, MA 02557-1421
Telephone: Colleen Morris, (508) 693-3605
Our mission is to promote the Library as an active, dynamic education and information center in the Community and to support and enhance the Library’s programs, services and collections.